-
September 23rd, 2003, 05:30 AM
#1
Inactive Member
For those who do not know, there is a lab on Australia that processes Ektachrome, Tri-x and Plus-x
I must have got a good sales person as she knew exactly what I was speaking about this time. It isn't too bad either.. double the cost of Kodachrome when you add in the extra for processing but still viable.
They also do telecine to many formats which I was quoted $55 AU for 100ft which includes the minidv tape and then $5 per 50ft after that. Cheapest I could find so far beyond a dodgey VHS guy.
I just wish I found these guys sooner as I would be shooting Ektachrome this weekend for the bands!
Processing Lab:
Film Plus
40 Punt Road
Windsor, Victoria 3181
Phone: 61 3 9510 4640
FAX: 61 3 9510 2582
Stockist of Ekta/Tri-x/Plus-x:
Sound & Vision Stock Shop
34 Albany Street
St Leanards, NSW, 2065
Phone: 61 2 9906 2141
FAX: 61 2 9906 2617
Sound-vision.com.au
-
September 23rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Here in the States it's still only Tuesday Morning. Not enough time to get a cartridge or two of Etkachrome before the weekend? Well, if you have to have it shipped, probably not. Why not ask the film dealer if they have recently sold film to anyone in your area? They may be reluctant to tell you because they lose a sale, however, if filmmakers living in the same area unite, usually film sales go up!
If you decide to use the meter on the Super-8 camera for guidance, zoom in almost all the way and take a reading, then switch to manual exposure, (if your camera has that feature) then zoom out. This will probably be more accurate than metering your exposure in the wide angle position.
If your camera does not have a manual exposure knob, it should have an exposure lock function. I believe you have to keep the knob depressed for it to actually keep the meter locked. We had a forum contributor suggest using a rubber band to help keep the exposure lock function depressed so that you don't have to keep holding it with your finger.
If you want to try and shoot with automatic exposure in the environment you will be in, you may discover that using the +1 feature (aka keeps the f-stop open one extra stop to compensate for backlights that can fool your light meter) is the best run and gun method available.
If you can make mental notes as to what F-stop the camera was at for you different shots, the information will prove very handy when you review your footage a week or two later.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks